Wednesday, August 11, 2010

irritating squirrels!

Remember this picture:spring in the garden 001

from this post?

Well, Monday I was out looking at my peach tree.  There were probably close to 15 or 20 gorgeous peaches approaching tennis ball size.  My mouth watered just thinking about how delicious they would be!  Yesterday I was out in the garden and the d!*n squirrels around here have sheared off every branch that had a peach on it.  EVERY branch!  ALL of my peaches are gone and my poor little tree looks very sad.   We’ve managed to save most of the blueberries from the birds, but they got the cherries and now the peaches are gone.  Not the happiest day.

The apples, however, are abundant.  And ripe!  I have red Gravensteins ready to pick and make into pies and sauce, and our big tree will be ready to go in another 2 weeks or so.  Another bumper crop.  :)  Anyone want some apples?  There are more than I can deal with!  I canned 50 quarts of applesauce last summer (which we haven’t come close to finishing!) and have more apples this year than last.  You’re welcome to them!  Just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment