Friday, February 4, 2011

just a typical basketball Friday…

Today’s turning out to be a typical Friday during basketball season.  Our high school has home games tonight, which means I will be busy today.  I help in the concessions stand (fun!), but the work starts at home with some of the prep.

I was supposed to have a lunch date with an old friend today, but schedule conflicts postponed it.  I am disappointed, but it means that my morning and early afternoon are slightly less stressful, so I guess it’s a trade-off.  Instead of enjoying lunch and conversation with a friend, I’ll be prepping chili and pulled pork sandwiches for a crowd.  Think chili for 40 and pulled pork for 50.  Currently there are nearly 18 pounds of pork cooking away in my oven…  Usually I bake 20-25 potatoes too, but since my oven is full someone else is doing that today.

Senior night.  Last home game of the season.  And we’re going out in style.  It’s going to be fun!  C’mon and join us!!   Excellent games, good food, good company…what more could a girl want?  (Answer?  A new date for lunch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment