Monday, October 19, 2009

out of the mouths of babes, again

Today the boys and I made a stop at a local dealership to pick up some information on a used Suburban. Mine is 14 years old and has almost 200,000 miles on it; it's going to need some SERIOUS (ie expensive) work or replacement soon. We've been checking out what's available so that we can make an informed decision. Hopefully even sometime soon! :)

Anyway, today we looked at a 2005 Suburban. The salesman asked me if I was interested in seeing a Tahoe (shorter version of the Suburban.) I told him that it wasn't big enough for a family with as many people to haul as we do on a regular basis. I figured that was the end of it, but apparently not. Once we got the information we needed and left to run the rest of our errands, Ryan threw out this gem:

Ryan: "Mom, are we going to get a new car?"
me: "Not sure, big guy. Dad and I are talking about it."
Ryan: "I like that one. It would be good. But there's a lot of us Mom. Maybe we should get a bus. THAT would have enough room."

I nearly died laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment