Wednesday, June 25, 2008

That's what I like about you

For all of us, adding a 3 year old has been a challenge. He's delightful for sure, but it has not been a totally smooth, seamless path. Last night I was struggling and decided to put together a list of all the great things about Logan, so that I can SEE it when we're having trouble.

Logan...
*makes Ryan laugh like no one else can.
*and Ryan play together like they've been together since birth. It's fun to watch.
*willingly eats just about anything put before him. In copious quantities. :)
*sleeps all night every night. Without fail. And, without any trouble falling asleep. A story, hug, and kiss, and he's off to dreamland.
*understands nearly everything he's told. His receptive language is amazing!
*is very bright and curious.
*is a problem solver.
*loves to help. Everywhere he possibly can--like laundry, dishes, and cooking--and some places he can't. Yet, anyway. Yesterday we were leaving for basketball, and he wanted to help. So, he grabbed Momma's car keys, went to the garage, got in the car, and was ready to drive. Fortunately, I was only 3 steps behind him...
*is fully potty trained. Day AND night. Never underestimate the value of that.
*wants to learn, and wants to please.
*has no sensory issues, no oral sensitivities, and no attachment issues.
*has a quick smile and an infectious laugh. And we see (or hear) both frequently.

I know there are many more, but that short list is a start. As I listen to he and Ryan laughing and giggling their way through the new tunnel maze now occupying our dining room, I am so grateful we have added him to our family. He is a delightful addition!

5 comments:

  1. Logan sounds wonderful. I thought he was just darling when I met him last Friday. He is a lucky little boy to belong to such a loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list, Jennifer! He sounds like such a great little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder, Jennifer... off to write lists of my own for all my kiddos....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer,

    I, too, wil be writing a list!! What an awesome idea. Hard to see those when I am battling one of her attachment fits. :)

    I did want to mention also (haven't read yet about the eye exam result) that I noticed you said he had no sensory issues. Anna Grace is trips over herself, walks into walls, etc. almost daily, just wanted to give you a heads up that those are part of sensory issues, although not oral, obviously. So, if his eyes check out, it's some food for thought.

    You are doing awesome and Logan definitely sounds like he's blooming at record speeds now!

    Hugs,

    Ohilda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whhooops....the previous post WAS mine, but I was logged into my friend's blog...sorry!


    Ohilda

    ReplyDelete