Saturday, May 10, 2008

LOGAN!!

Just as we walked out the door this afternoon for lunch, our phone rang. On the other end was Julie, our BOIT guide for the afternoon. Julie and the driver were taking us to PHF to get Logan, and she let me know she was about 45 minutes away! Oh my! We hadn't had lunch yet, so we dashed down to the hotel restaurant to grab a quick bite. Before we were done, Julie was at the hotel. Once we finished, we grabbed our stuff and headed out. About 45 minutes later, we were at PHF....

What an amazing place! Everything is neat and tidy, and the staff was very friendly. We got an incredible package of things of his, including a CD with pics, his schoolwork, his medical history, and his IEP for school. I was totally dumbfounded. Once we finished our brief tour, we met Logan. He had been napping and was quite upset when he was handed over. He cried hard for quite a bit, but has settled nicely into a comfortable place with me. He let me feed him dinner tonight, then allowed me to put pjs on him. We put handcreme on both Ryan and Logan, brushed teeth, and put them both to bed. They're both laying quietly waiting for Momma right now. It's been an incredible transition so far. THANK YOU for your prayers!!

Tomorrow morning we fly to Zhengzhou, where we'll be until Saturday. Please keep Jim in your prayers--he's got the sore throat I had before we left. I am finally feeling mostly better, but Jim doesn't do this kind of stuff well and lack of sleep tends to put him over the edge. Pray him back to health!!


A few pics of our meeting today for you... Note the sad face, and know that it is GONE now. I just don't have any pictures of the smiles downloaded yet.

And yes, he's a giant compared to Ryan. Not so much in height, but like we decided: Ryan's a running back and Logan is a middle linebacker... He's one SOLID boy!! Best guess is that he is bigger than Ryan by at least 6 or 7 pounds and about 2 inches.

Off to Zhengzhou in the morning. More later...I'm off to bed!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't left you more comments, but I have to check in here to say, "Congratulations!"

    I know you'll keep Logan as close to yourself as he can tolerate.

    Be patient in suffering, Jim =) We are praying for all of you and are enjoying your travels.

    Also, get the girls to take a couple pictures just to prove that mom and dad made the trip too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Oh, happy day! Logan looks wonderful, Jennifer. And Ryan looks so happy to have a brother just his size. I will continue hoping for an easy transition for little Logan as he gets to know his new family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate--we're IN many pics! The thing is, to have them posted here means the girls would have to BLOG! I get to choose the pics that go in, and I happen to love pics of my children. :)

    Logan's doing very well--blowing kisses last night, holding my hand before falling asleep, and sleeping all night without as much as a whimper. We'll see what today brings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jennifer!!! Logan is a cutie... and I can't wait to see some of those smiling pictures. I'm keeping you all in my prayers. Can't wait for the next update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer -
    Congratulations and Happy Mother's Day! I've been thinking about you and your trip to China. Praying for you and your new son Logan.

    How exciting to have another new child. I love the pictures and your journal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Neighbors!

    Those are some beautiful children! We're glad you're safe and enjoying the trip. Everything is under control here -- plenty of rain, tall green grass, and your mail box is overflowing.

    Congratulations!
    Sarah, Steve, Alex & Allison

    ReplyDelete