Friday, April 4, 2008

some days....

It's been an:::interesting:::week. Not sure how else to describe it. Yesterday was a killer day--just too much for me to process. Too much icky stuff going on in the lives of people I love. Add to it the intense frustration of an incorrect cell phone bill and the worry about Jim's surgery today, and you have a recipe for potential disaster. I was looking forward to hearing from Stefani this morning with our consulate date so that I could begin truly planning this trip.

But, it was not to be. Friday in China was Grave Sweeping Day, known here as Memorial Day. Although the US Consulate does not honor all Chinese holidays, for some reason they chose THIS YEAR to honor Grave Sweeping Day. And so, there is no answer yet as to our consulate appointment.

Disappointed? You bet. Discouraged? Nope. Not a chance. Too many times in this journey I have seen God-things that give me hope. Yesterday morning, the devotional Jim and I read was about waiting on God's timing. Then in the mail we got an awesome prayer letter from some incredible missionary friends in Africa, again about God's impeccable timing. Would I love to know exactly when I'm leaving? Sure. But that will come. In God's time, not mine. In the meantime, I have a husband who needs some TLC this weekend. Yes, his gallbladder came out just fine. "Ripped right outta there," according to Jim. But he's moving a little slow, and I can think of no better reason to spend time hanging out with my guys watching movies and playing games. Hailey needs my time on Sunday, and I can go and thoroughly enjoy a day with her, without feeling like I "should" be home working out our trip details. Overall, I just flat out need some down time. And, I don't have to teach preschool or do daycare next week. Sounds like God ordained trip planning time to me!

Waiting, sometimes even patiently,

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment