Friday, April 18, 2008

AAARRRRGGGHHH!!

Today was supposed to be such a great day. And most of it was. Ryan and I spent the morning at the aquarium with some friends of mine--Anne and her daughter Rachel, and Colleen and her daughter Linlee. Both Rachel and Linlee are from China and are about exactly Ryan's age. It was a ball watching the three of them together! We had a great lunch, and as usual I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Anne and Colleen. But when I got home.....

Yeah, well, let's just say that the travel planning isn't quite going like I had hoped. Rather than go into it all (and raise my blood pressure a few points!) I am just going to ask that you all pray things will be resolved quickly and favorably for us. We NEED this to get fixed, and soon. Otherwise, we'll be scrambling to be able to rearrange this trip. Since my stomach is already in knots because of the increased costs, this isn't good. Changes now mean even more money, and there simply isn't any more. A few unexpected increases and a return plane fare for Logan that was out of this world have done a number on our budget. I'm still praying that God will provide what we need to pay the bills for what's already outlined!

And so, pray for quick resolution to the travel issues, and for provision for the unexpected costs. God is faithful and we know he'll provide, but I am finding it hard to NOT stress out anyway.

Praise God for the weekend! Even if it's April 19 tomorrow (Jim's birthday!) and we're supposed to get SNOW. In Seattle. Unheard of, especially since it was over 80 last Saturday. Oh well.

Off to hide in a corner and cry,

Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, what happened with the travel arrangements? I thought you were all set! Jennifer, I truly hope everything works out. (Even if it doesn't, I know you're still going to get your little guy!)

    ReplyDelete