Wednesday, April 16, 2008

only a child...

Gotta love 3 year olds. They have such a unique sense of humor. Here's last night's conversation with Ryan.

Ryan: What are we doing tomorrow?
Mom: Well, we need to go grocery shopping.
Ryan (excitedly): At Costco??
Mom: No, we're going to WinCo
Ryan: I don't like WinCo. I don't want to go.
Mom: Well, we also need to go to the hospital and see Mrs. C.
Ryan, after a VERY long silence: Let's go to WinCo. It's my new favorite place.

Now, Ryan adores my friend Ann. They have a ball together and he loves seeing her. But when he saw her last, she wasn't feeling her best and was resting under a blanket. It bothered him a bit, and he remembered that. So he decided he'd prefer to go to his "new favorite place," something he reminded me of several times on the way home from WinCo and the hospital today. But he did get to push the buttons in the elevator. I think that made up for having to stop at the hospital. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment