Sunday, April 27, 2008

AAARRRGGHHH!!

Travel MUST be coming soon. Why do I know? Well, because as I look around the house trying to get ready to go, I see the things that are falling apart!! Yesterday, the toilet in our downstairs bathroom decided to quit working. It's a "vacuum assist" toilet, so it's not just a trip to the hardware store for replacement parts. Of course not--that would be simple. We found out we can order new parts, but they'll cost nearly $200! Yep, $200!! For that price, we can have a new toilet! OY! So we're down one bathroom while we decide what to do next.

Then, this afternoon, Jim was changing the oil in our Suburban. Needed to be done, and we wanted to finish it because we have some friends who are going to use it while we're gone. They'll be home on a medical "furlough" of sorts while they await the delivery of their baby. They need a car for a couple of weeks while they're home and we're gone. Fine by us! After all, it's God's car...and I sure don't need it while I'm halfway around the world. :) So the oil got changed and Jim started investigating what he thought was a minor leak. Turns out my relatively new radiator has a leak. Ugh. He's at the auto parts store seeing if they can order him a replacement radiator--PRONTO. Not exactly what we had in mind for this week. I mean really: Jim has to work, the girls have to go to school, and I have about 10 million little things still needing to be done. Major auto maintenance really wasn't on the "to do" list for this week. Fortunately, my parents are out of town and their car is still on the driveway. (I took them to the airport Thursday and haven't taken it back to their house yet.) I am grateful that they will let me drive it, and I'm not putting them out. God ALWAYS provides--even the little things.

Like I said--must be time to adopt. It's that Murphy's Law thing: Anything that can go wrong, will. Or, in the case of adoption: The more it costs to replace, the more likely it is to need replacing once you decide to adopt. And yes, we still pray over our refrigerator regularly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment