Monday, April 26, 2010

Tuesday

I have mixed emotions about tomorrow. Not because it's Tuesday. (Typically I look forward to Tuesday!) Not because it will be crazy busy. (That's pretty normal.) Not even because I will spend most of my day in the day surgery center waiting area at Children's Hospital while Logan has a tonsillectomy/partial adnoidectomy/ear tube replacement. I'm not necessarily looking forward to that, but I don't think it's the root cause of my mixed emotions. So why??

Tomorrow, April 27, is Brent's birthday. He's not here, but by itself that's not a big deal. It's not the first time he's celebrated a birthday away from home. But tomorrow? Well...it's his 21st birthday. A milestone. A day that for some reason I wish I wasn't missing. If he was still in Boise, I might have even taken a trip over there to see him. (HA! Fat chance. After all, I will be spending the day in the waiting area in the day surgery center, remember??) My baby is all grown up now, and we won't be able to celebrate with him. Not tomorrow. Not next week. Not next month. Before summer is over? Maybe. Just maybe. And then again...maybe not. Military life can be like that. Or so I'm learning.

So in honor of Brent and his 21st birthday, please watch this video. Read the words, and thank someone in the military. Do it for Brent.



I love you buddy. You are a very bright spot in my world, and we all miss you lots. Have a wonderful birthday.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment