Friday, December 19, 2008

um...what was I thinking?

...when I said yes to today?? First off, we have snow. Enough snow that school's been canceled. For the third consecutive day. Now, understand: I LOVE the snow. But we have almost none at our house. No....it snowed all around us, but there's like 1/2" here. Ugh. And it's cold! VERY cold. Today's high is like 26 degrees. With wind, of course, so it's not like kids are going to go outside and play that much.

And so, with that background, exactly what is it I said yes to? Well, last night we had "the cousins" come over. Their daddy, Jim's brother, is have a major procedure done today at a local hospital and they needed someone to take care of them. No problem! After all, two of the three go to school, and I can drop them off. Uh yeah. So in addition to my 5, I have a 10 year old, an 8 year old, and another 4 year old. They'll be here all day if everything goes smoothly; longer if it doesn't. And as a bonus, I had volunteered to watch some absolutely darling little girls for some friends while they go out and celebrate their 10th anniversary. Again, no problem. These two sweet girls adore my crew, and we were headed to watch Hailey and Tori play basketball this afternoon. Entertainment, big girls, and a huge place to play. Sounds perfect, right? Well, add one 3 year old and one 13 month old to the mix at the house. No school means no basketball and no entertainment.

Yep. You counted right: 10 children here, ages 17, 16, 14, 10, 8, 4, 4, 3, 3, and 1. All day. It's a darn good thing I love them all and I know that they'll do fine together. Otherwise, it might just send me over the edge. And once again, I am blessed by and grateful for my teenagers. They're on board with this, so everything ought to be peachy.

Now, if only it would either warm up or give us some snow to play in, things would be perfect! Pictures later, even if it's only one of the whole group.

No comments:

Post a Comment