Monday, December 15, 2008

a Logan funny and an incredible blessing

Friday, Logan had his screening at the school district to see if he is eligible for speech/physical therapy/occupational therapy from them. Overall, there were no surprises and he will be evaluated in depth after the new year for speech and occupational therapy. We'll make decisions at that time as to what we will do.

When we were there, the speech therapist asked Logan his name. He answered "Logan" without hesitation. Then, she asked him for his "other name." He looked at her for a minute, puzzled. Then he looked at me and a grin crept over his face. He knew the answer to this question! I wasn't sure what to expect, since I didn't think he could say Kassebaum. He looked at the speech therapist and said, "I know. RYAN!" I nearly died laughing. The speech therapist looked confused until I explained that he was right, while the "other name" she was looking for was Kassebaum, the "other name" he knew certainly was Ryan, since Mom frequently called him by the wrong name! Smart boy...

And the blessing? Well, Saturday we went to find our Christmas tree. Typical family excursion to the tree farm, saw in hand, ready to cut down the perfect tree. Quietly, I was sweating the cost--trees are expensive, even here in the great, green Pacific Northwest. We wandered through the farm, not seeing anything that we liked. Finally Hailey spotted a tree standing all alone in a field of seedlings. She walked over to get a better look and to confirm that the tag we saw wasn't a "reserved" tag. It wasn't, and the tree was perfect. Along came one of the workers from the tree farm, and I was sure we were going to have to start hunting all over. But NO! He walked over to let us know that because the tree was in the way of the new field, the tag on it that said $25 was the price they wanted for the lonely tree. AMAZING!! Happily, we cut it down, tied it to the top of the car, and headed home. God is good, ALL the time!

I know I need to post pictures and I have some other things to post, including news about Logan's visit to the craniofacial clinic today, but first I'm going to enjoy the beautiful sunny cold (VERY cold) weather with my children! It's such a treat...

No comments:

Post a Comment