Tuesday, August 19, 2008

what a day!

They say bad things come in threes. Maybe we're done? Today was one of those strange days where nothing goes as planned. Not even remotely close.

The morning started out with a call letting me know that my brother in law had had a seizure at work. A few phone calls later, Hailey was on her way down the road to spend time watching the cousins while his wife went to be with him at the hospital. After dinner, the kids were picked up and went home with their mom and dad, but they'll be back in a few days when Jerry has to see the doctor again.

Then, in conversation with my sister, I learned that my nephew is STILL not feeling well. He's fighting some sort of tummy trouble-not significant, but not fun--and his counts are low. He has to go back to clinic tomorrow, when they will determine if he's healthy enough to continue treatment.

And tonight the phone rang. It was Jim's aunt. I laughed when I answered the phone because she was looking for my sister in law, not me. After a brief conversation, she decided that Jim could help her rather than bothering Jerry after his long day. It turns out that Jim's cousin is in town. She had a major medical procedure a few weeks ago at Swedish, and things got really bad. She's in ICU, and Julie wanted to know if one of us could head up there to check on her. There is some concern that the information being received second or third hand isn't quite accurate. So, tomorrow after work Jim will stop by and check on her.

Are we done yet???? I sure hope so! Once in a while, it just seems overwhelming. You think if I pull the covers up over my head tomorrow morning the day will just go away??

No comments:

Post a Comment