Tuesday, August 12, 2008

the fruits of my labors

Yesterday I spent part of the day canning the fruit my mom brought me from eastern Washington. This time was only a small amount--1 box of peaches and 1 box of apricots. I have some peaches left from last year, and I'm the only one who eats apricots, so it was plenty. Next up? Green beans for the freezer, and pears and applesauce. Judging from my apple trees, I'm going to be in the kitchen for a LONG time.

Here's the little amount I put up yesterday: peaches, apricots, apricot jam, and apricot butter. Never made that before, but it was pretty easy. I may never make apricot jam again--the butter is delicious!!

1 comment:

  1. You call that a LITTLE amount! I am truly impressed! I have no idea how the whole canning thing works, but I'm always very impressed when I see people doing it...

    ReplyDelete