Saturday, January 31, 2015

getting there

2015-01-27 14.35.50

This was Tuesday.  The sun was shining and the beach beckoned.  Never underestimate the value of time to play on homeschoolers finishing schoolwork in record time!  After spending time playing in the waves studying wave action, the dynamic duo moved inland a bit to see the effects of sand on throwing, running, and catching skills.  See? 

DSC_0364

The rest of the week was cloudy and/or drizzly so we focused more on schoolwork and tying up the loose ends around here—things like parking passes for our cars (so we don’t get tickets in the neighborhood!) and kitchen tables.  Today the sun is out again, and Daddy is home.  How to spend a glorious Saturday?  How about at the beach?  Digging holes and playing football took up most of their morning; I enjoyed sitting in the sun and reading a book.  Ahhh…the good life.

2015-01-31 10.22.55

2015-01-31 10.31.38

2015-01-31 10.31.56

2015-01-31 10.52.24

2015-01-31 10.52.38

2015-01-31 10.59.39

We had talked about taking a road trip this weekend to the Bay area to watch our sweet friend Katie play basketball at UC Berkeley.  Because it’s been a challenging week, we opted to stay here instead.  It would have been wonderful to spend time with Katie’s parents and some other friends who live up there.  I would have cried for sure.  Surprisingly, there have been almost no tears since we left. I anticipate they’ll come.  Maybe in another week, when Jim heads to Wichita for a few days and I’m completely on my own.   Another adventure!  Fortunately, Jim’s travel has never bothered me, so I don’t expect too much trouble.  Smile

Days like today I love almost everything about being here.  I still miss home terribly.  I know church tomorrow will not be what I’m familiar with or even necessarily what I’d like.  But that’s okay.  God is stretching me.  Growth is good.  Hard sometimes, but good.  The things I have learned, even after only 1 week at a new church, will be useful when we go back home.  

In the meantime, I have sights like this to enjoy:

2015-01-31 10.32.08

And a boy with a bloody gash after a tumble at the park!  Gotta run…

No comments:

Post a Comment