Wednesday, February 10, 2010

mind benders

Random conversations today in the car on the way home from speech (about a 15 minute drive!):

Logan: Mom, where will I sleep in heaven?
me: Hmmm...good question, Logan! I'm not sure I know.
Logan: Mom, if Jesus doesn't sleep in heaven, will I have to sleep? I don't want to!

Heavy theology for 5 year olds!!

And that was followed by this from Ryan...

Ryan: Mom, what's 32 plus 40?
Ryan: Oh, wait. Is it 72?
me: Sure is, Ryan. How do you know?
Ryan: Well, 2 plus 0 is 2 and 3 plus 4 is 7. 7 and 2 together like that make 72, so it's easy.
Ryan: If 32 plus 40 is 72, then 34 plus 50 is 84 and 52 plus 24 is 76 and.....(this continued for several minutes. I don't even remember all the combinations he did. But his math was right.)

Not sure I'm going to be able to homeschool this one for long.


1 comment: