Thursday, October 30, 2008

has anybody seen...?

You know, we generally don't lose things around here. Even the socks are typically matched after the laundry is done. (Boy, I hope this doesn't jinx it!!) But recently some interesting things have gone missing:

my good kitchen shears
the brown plastic Pampered Chef scraper for the dishes
3 Philip Yancey books, including Where Is God When It Hurts? (which I REALLY want!)
my new books The Out of Sync Child and The Out of Sync Child Has Fun (I want these too!)
2 nail files
1 pair of tweezers
a water bottle top
2 combs

I CANNOT find these things anywhere! We have looked and looked, in every corner of the house. All of them have been here in the last 3 months--someone has seen or used everything on the list. It's not like they are items of great value that would be stolen, and if we had misplaced only one or two things I would understand. This list is kinda weird, to say the least.

The girls and I have decided that the Borrowers or the Twiddlebugs (from Sesame Street, who only take things that have long ago been lost and forgotten) have been hanging out in our house. Unfortunately, the things that were "borrowed" are not lost and forgotten--they're used often and desperately missed!!

If you see anything off that list wandering around somewhere, would you please send it home??

1 comment:

  1. They must be the on the VBS shelf. lol
    Along with all my missing stuff!
    We used to blame my daughter when
    things disappeared. She would often
    take things into her room and we would
    not see them for a very long time.
    Now that she has moved we don't know
    who to blame when things disappear. LOL

    Julie

    ReplyDelete