Friday, September 26, 2008

priorities

Ryan had a piece of toast this morning for breakfast; Logan had cereal. That's pretty normal. The conversation with Ryan that followed, however, is not:

Ryan: Mooommm, I'm still hunnngggrrryy.... (said with whiny voice)
Mom: Well, you can have another piece of toast or a bowl of cereal. Which would you like?
Ryan: Not cereal. Not toast. Mom, I'm HUNGRY! (more whining)
Mom: Well, Ryan, you can't have a cookie.
Ryan: Okay. Can I be 'scused? I'm fuuulllll. (no whines, just a big smile)

I about died laughing! And yes, he REALLY wanted a cookie. I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday. He helped me put some in big sisters' lunches this morning, then watched as one of the girls took one to eat on the way to school. Stinker! He thought he should have one too.

2 comments:

  1. Now, that's a funny story! Pretty smart of Ryan too, trying to work it without actually admitting that the goal was a cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny! Ryan definitely had an "agenda" didn't he?! I'm impressed with how quickly and happily he gave up on it, though. I'm pretty sure Rachel would have had a few arguments for me!

    ReplyDelete