Monday, September 8, 2008

Now THAT was an experience...

Or, the very discouraging day...

The boys had their first day of gymnastics today. Ummmm...it was interesting. Neither of them could follow even the most basic instructions, and Logan simply could NOT pay attention. Too many distractions. And, he had trouble not touching the equipment or wandering off from the teacher and the class. I certainly hope that next week is better! Fortunately, the instructor was not surprised, and indicated that it's a pretty common "first time' experience. She was confident that they'd do great in the next 2 or 3 weeks. We'll see.

From there it just went down hill. First Ryan wet his pants, so we had to stop at home to get dry clothes before we ran our errands. Then Logan wet his pants. TWICE! I hadn't packed anything for them--I can't remember the last time one of them had an accident when we were out. Quite frankly, I don't think it's ever happened. I couldn't find a couple of things I needed at Costco, and then we ran one more place to pick up something I've been trying to find for more than a month. Foiled yet again. At this precise moment I'm ready to just chuck it all and call it a day. I hope today is not indicative of the rest of my week! Fortunately, I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that God's mercies are new every morning, and I will continue to trust that He is in control. Even on a discouraging day.

But even when they have trouble following directions, the dynamic duo is cute:



Now, does anyone have about a CASE of chocolate???

4 comments:

  1. Good thing Linlee and Logan are not in the same gym class. I don't think the gym teachers could take it. LOL!

    Sorry you had such a tough day. In the words of Alexander's mom (from Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day), "Some days are just like that."

    Hope tomorrow is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! At this point, anything will be better...it's continued downhill all afternoon. Ugh.

    And I suspect Linlee and Logan would be a bad combination in class right now too. To be fair, he DID do better by the end of the session, so maybe next week???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that case of chocolate - but Joseph needs it for his cakes. I sneak a nibble now and then when he is baking. LOL

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaahhh...yes! Doesn't the "cuteness" save them everytime? I know it does here! heh!

    Hope your week is better.

    Blessings,

    Ohilda

    ReplyDelete