Thursday, July 18, 2013

wise words…

…from a very wise mom of many.  I hope to be as wise when I grow up!

She writes about what it might be like to be adopted as a slightly older child.   I have often wondered if some of these same thoughts have gone through Logan’s head—he was 3 1/2 when he was taken away from the familiar in his world.  You can read it here.

And this one.  This one hits hard.  Hits me where I live.  Are we doing enough?  After all, it’s only money…and God has more than enough!

Signed, the mom who is feeling a touch(!) overwhelmed with one of her own these days, and certainly has no business thinking another one is even remotely a good idea…  It’s just that the statistics I see (34% of Christians consider adopting.  Only about 1% of them actually do) and the things I know (roughly 210 million orphans worldwide; approximately 35,000 children die every day from hunger, malnutrition, and lack of someone to care for them) make my heart ache to do more.

No comments:

Post a Comment