Saturday, August 1, 2009

vacation

Aahhh...vacation. This year was amazing! Every year we spend a week on a lake in eastern Washington; this year, it was so much FUN!! The girls each took friends with us, so there were a total of 12 of us using the trailer (but not for sleeping!) Somehow we even managed to hit "Blue Lake Nirvana," eating nearly everything I packed for the week.

Some of the highlights of the week:

*Seeing Ryan and Logan decide that the LOVED swimming. They probably swam out to the swim dock 4 or 5 times every day, and jumped in about 50 times a day. They got quite the workout!
*Watching the little boys take their first innertube ride behind the boat. They were in heaven.
*Riding the jet ski with Jim. I love being out on the lake, but spending time on the jet ski made me realize something: I much prefer the "quieter" approach to the water. I would spend most/all of my time on my float, enjoying the sights and the quiet.
*Seeing the girls have a blast on the jet skis. Thanks for bringing them Rick!
*The look of utter joy as Ryan and Logan both drove jet skis with Jim. Ryan was so proud of himself! He could read the spedometer, and told me he went down the lake at "Firty, Mommy. I went firty!"
*The total fun on the "water mat" at a friend's cabin. I thought we'd never get the kids off!



Most of the group...

Water wrestling. Please let your brother UP once you get him underwater...
Logan heads off...





More pics tomorrow--the rest are still on the camera. And for what it's worth, we're LOVING the new camera. It's a Nikon D40. Right now I only have the standard lens, but my anniversary, my birthday, AND Christmas are coming!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment