Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sad news here tonight

In September 2006, my 4 year old nephew was diagnosed with leukemia. After nearly 2 years of treatment, today Nicholas had a lumbar puncture that brought more bad news: he has relapsed. We are heartbroken. Please keep my sister Pam, her husband Tony, and their boys--Nicholas, now 6, and Teddy, almost 9--in your prayers. He will be hospitalized tomorrow for a new round of intense chemo, likely to be followed by a bone marrow transplant.


Nicholas during his first hospitalization, September 2006


Nick during the intensification phase of treatment, maybe November 2006? Steroids are part of the chemo regime and are responsible for the significant weight gain.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Jennifer! I am so sorry. I lift up little Nicholas to our Savior and ask for complete healing of his little body. I also pray for peace for your entire family as you weather this storm. Keep your eyes focused on Him while the waves are crashing around you.

    Hugs,

    Ohilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Jennifer... Praying. I let HAH know too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Jennifer! I'll keep Nicholas in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jennifer, I'm so very sorry to hear this. I have a good friend whose sister underwent a bone marrow transplant (also for leukemia)and it's been a year now and she is doing great. Maybe this will be the ticket for poor little Nicholas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer and girls, our hearts go out to Nicholas. As you know, Taylor is a leukemia survivor, and we know all too well the challenges he and his family face as they journey that road. I prayed, am drying my tears, and will tell Taylor so she and I can pray for him together. Is he local? Children's Hospital? We know everyone there, from the nurses and lab techs to the doctors and surgeons. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete